All attendees, speakers, sponsors, staff and volunteers at Museums Showoff events are required to agree with the following code of conduct.
The Quick Version
Museums Showoff is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, neurotype, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of participants or venue staff in any form.
Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from a show without a refund at the discretion of the organisers.
The Less Quick Version
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- verbal comments that reinforce harmful power structures related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, neurotype, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion.
- gratuitous or inappropriate sexual images
- deliberate misgendering or use of dead names
- deliberate intimidation
- stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of shows or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- invasion of personal space
- unwelcome sexual attention
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, Museums Showoff organisers may take any action they deem appropriate to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Event organisers may take action to address anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Museums Showoff team.
- In person at a live event
- Through our contact page
The Museums Showoff team will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Sponsors / Funders
Sponsors and funders are subject to the anti-harassment policy.